Last week wasn’t the best week.
I had a bit of a meltdown, and I felt overwhelmed, behind and impatient.
Although I have very few full-on meltdowns these days, throughout my life, I’ve often felt like I should be further along and have accomplished more.
Can you relate?
So here’s what I do when I’m feeling behind:
- I try to look back at the past ten years and recognize that everything has actually happened in its own perfect time.
- I realize there’s nothing that I’d change as it’s all gotten me here, and “here” is a pretty good place! (Remember, gratitude is key!)
- I try to focus on the fact that life is ever-changing, and I know that I will reach my dreams and goals at the right time.
- I also remind myself that mentally beating myself up is a waste of precious energy, and I should be using that energy elsewhere!
- I talk to someone who I know will be able to help me gain some perspective and remind me of everything I’ve already accomplished!
So what about you? Do you need to let go of the belief that you should be further along in love, your career, financially etc.? Do you need to be more patient with yourself?
Today, I want to challenge you to toy with the idea that there really isn’t a “behind” in life.
I truly believe that you’re amazing and exactly where you’re supposed to be!
And as always, I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts!
(P.S. This is just the tip of the iceberg. This is a key topic, and it’s paramount that you “get it” in order to grow and make your dreams come true. So if you want to delve deeper, please book a free session with me by clicking here.)