Do you ever feel like your income is at a standstill? 😩
Maybe you’ve plateaued and don’t know how to start climbing again. Perhaps you want to increase your income without working a million more hours but aren’t sure what steps to take. (After all, there are only so many hours in a day.)
If that sounds like you, I want to help you move forward.
The key is determining what you’re qualified to sell or taking something that’s already working in your business and translating it into a scalable product.
Maybe that’s a group coaching program or a digital course. Maybe it’s a live workshop event or VIP day. (These are all things I’ve done, so I know they work.)
So, here are some strategies you can use to help you prepare to scale your business and increase your income in a BIG way. 💸
These are the very steps I took to scale my coaching business from $442 to 7-figures in my first 18 months and I know they can help you too.
- Create a scalable product or program. If you already have a business, what is something that is currently working for you that you could grow and expand? I went from coaching 27 1-on-1 clients to offering group coaching programs that allowed me to reach far more people than had the capacity to do so in the 1-on-1 model alone. Maybe you start small with a lower price point to test out your new offer.
If you’re new to the industry, you just need to be a step or two ahead of your ideal client to deliver meaningful results. When it comes to coaching, starting with 1-on-1 clients is a great place to begin. You can gain experience, gather testimonials, and learn invaluable knowledge about what works and what doesn’t and grow from there.
- Build upon your other offers. Creating a scalable group program or course can actually help fill your higher ticket q-on-1 programs. Many of my group clients were willing to pay a higher price to dive into the materials and methods on a deeper, more personal level. They saw results in the group setting and upgrading was a no-brainer for them. I was expanding my reach, increasing my impact, and scaling my income. It was a triple win.
This can only work if your scalable offer is in alignment with that lower-ticket offer. I highly suggest building them out in a way where the group program or course—whatever it is— acts as a stepping stone for the higher ticket offer like 1-on-1 coaching or VIP sessions.
- Raise your pricing. Once you have a lower-level offer, you can raise the rates of those more individualized and in-depth offers. Expanding into group programs helped increase my confidence and level of expertise. I realized it didn’t make sense for the more intimate 1-on-1 offers to be the same price. As you continue to deliver results and gain experience, you can continue to raise those prices.
Tiering your offers allows people to work with you in various capacities and price points. When they see the results in a group program, for example, they’ll want to unlock that next level available through your other offers, even at the higher price point.
- Diversify your offers. Having multiple offers helps you meet people where they’re at. You’re able to reach more people in various capacities. In many cases, they’ll step their way up the ladder toward your higher ticket items as they reach that level of need.
Maybe you don’t have the team or capacity to do a full-blown launch and are overwhelmed by this idea of diversifying and having multiple offers out there. You can set up group offers on a platform you’re familiar with, like Facebook. Post about the calls, share reminders and material, and create a community all within that one container.
- Repeat. 🔁 As long as you wish to keep growing, you can. It’s all about gaining traction and continuing to deliver results. Repeat this scaling process again and again, making appropriate tweaks along the way. Collect testimonials to highlight ROI and showcase them with each new launch.
The biggest thing is to scale in a way that makes sense for you and your business. If a group program doesn’t make sense or feel aligned, there’s no need to force it. Like anything else, there’s an element of following your intuition and ideal clients’ needs.
And if you’re having a hard time getting started…
The truth is, I didn’t exactly know everything before I put my group program out there. I got started anyway. You’re never going to feel 100% ready. You just have to take action and put something out there. (You can always go back and tweak as needed.)
Thinking of scaling your income or dreaming up ideas will only get you so far.
So, consider this your invitation to take action and leap into those next-level revenue goals. With the right steps, you could be on your way to 7-figures. (Or 6-figures or 5… whatever that goal is for you.)
P.S. Want to scale your income? Listen to the podcast I recorded on this topic.